Parenting Orders & Plans

A parenting plan, signed and dated by both parties, can be the result of an informal agreement or the mediation process but is not legally enforceable. While the courts prefer parenting plans, a parenting order may be necessary if one parent is not adhering to the agreed parenting plan.


Are you being served with parenting orders?

You might get served with what is called an initiating application from the family court. This is the beginning of a parenting order and you will need to prepare and or respond to documents such as financial statements, affidavits or orders to go to a hearing.

If you’re being served a parenting order, you need to respond in a timely manner otherwise you will most likely end up incurring further costs. Ignoring these orders or simply saying “I’ll let them have the kids”, can go bad financially. 

Getting a little bit of legal advice, the earlier the better, could save you thousands in the long run.

Are you thinking of serving a parenting order?

If you’re thinking of issuing a parenting order, keep in mind that this process can take up to 2 years to complete, it’s imperative you receive the correct advice at the start of the process to ensure you can see it through to completion.

Why Perth Family Law Centre for Parenting Plans & Parenting Orders?

We have experience in preparing hundreds of parenting plans and actually take an interest in your case, we listen, support you and guide you to your desired outcome.  In addition, we have witnessed time and time again family lawyers in court showing a surprising lack of understanding for the particular circumstances of the case and urge you to make sure your lawyer is listening to your concerns.

We've been there..

With years of professional and personal experience in Family Law, we genuinely understand the importance of moving on with your life.

 No surprises..

We understand concerns about unexpectedly large legal bills and disclose legal costs upfront so that you can make informed decisions.

Stay in control..

We achieve the best outcomes for our clients by fighting from your corner with a conciliatory instead of adversarial approach to family law.

What are my next steps?

  • If you’ve been served with family court document for parenting orders, the first thing to do is bring the paperwork in and show us, we’ll help you understand what it means, help you be clear on your options and help you file a response.
  • If you’re the one serving the orders, we’ll inform you as to what you need to do to to achieve your goal. It’s important we make clear what it is you actually want, how it can be done and how to move forward. This will include filing family court documents or making an offer so that the other party can avoid court.
Call 0400 714 714
Mark ShawMark Shaw

I rang David to book a consultation, expecting to pay, but instead he took 30 minutes out of his schedule to provide some excellent advice - all for free!
Much appreciated

Tina parsonsTina parsons

Thankyou David for your excellent service and advice. While I was quite nervous with the process David's professionalism and care made me feel very comfortable and reassured. I have no hesitation in recommending Perth family law centres.