Child Custody Agreements

Child custody agreements, also referred to as parenting plans or shared care agreements, specify who the children live with and how much time they spend with the other parent after separation.


  • Are you being denied access to your children?
  • Is your ex partner alienating you from the children?
  • Is your ex partner emotionally or physically abusive towards the children and you need to restrict access?
  • Do you accept you can’t have equal time with the children but would like to have equally shared parental responsibility?


Agreements to do with child custody come in several shapes and sizes.

In amicable circumstances, separating couples may go for a verbal or an informal agreement, however, in our experience, these can come back to bite one of the parties if the other party changes their mind. Limited child support agreements can also by limited in terms of flexibility to dictate terms and only stay in place for up to 3 years.

To legally protect your assets and the custody of your children, we generally recommend seeking advice on obtaining a binding child support agreement. These allow parents to make binding financial agreements about child support.


Drew CameronDrew Cameron

I have used David for my family law matters and would highly recommend him. David's knowledge and professionalism is outstanding. Thankyou so much

Tina parsonsTina parsons

Thankyou David for your excellent service and advice. While I was quite nervous with the process David's professionalism and care made me feel very comfortable and reassured. I have no hesitation in recommending Perth family law centres.